Your Responsibilities as a Patient
We would request that you help us to help you! Patients have responsibilities as well as rights.
The Practice asks you to:
- Be punctual.
- Inform the Practice if you are unable to keep an appointment.
- The first hour in the morning is the busiest time. Unless your call is urgent, please leave it until after 10.00am.
- Only make requests for home visits if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- If possible, request a home visit by 10.30am.
- Please remember, despite increasing patient demand and expectation, the final decision to visit lies with the Doctor.
- Treat the members of the Primary Health Care Team with courtesy.
- Act in a responsible way when on surgery premises. Please keep young children under control and supervision at all times.
- The surgery and car park is a smoke free zone
- Give 48 hours notice when ordering a repeat prescription.
- Please make seperate appointments for each family member needing to see a Doctor.
- Inform the Receptionist of any change of circumstance (e.g. your name, address or telephone number).
- Please be patient. Appreciate that delay is sometimes unavoidable.
- Patients who are violent and abusive to Doctors, staff and other persons on the Practice premises will be asked to find another Practice. Details on how to obtain information regarding this will be given by the Practice Manager, Mr Andrew Langley.